October 3, 2016

A Month in Summary - September 2016



Fall has arrived and it's time for cooler weather and quiet evenings curled up on the couch with a good book. Enough of these slow months of mediocre reading! Two books and one audio. Sheesh. I spent almost the entire month listening to The Boys in the Boat! Definitely not my favorite. Stay tuned for my reviews, but for now, here are the details.

Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave (Borrowed) 4/5

The Boys in the Boat by Daniel James Brown (Borrowed - Audio) 2/5

The Woman in Cabin 10 by Ruth Ware (Own) 2/5

Stats:

Triple Dog Dare Challenge - Not my best month for reading from my stacks. The only book I read that I actually own is one that I received this year. So much for reducing the boxes of books to pack up next year! 
 

3 books
2 novels

1 mystery
1 nonfiction 
1 new-to-me-authors 
2 print
1 audio
1 female
2 male
2 borrowed
1 from my stacks 

Favorite of the Month: Everyone Brave is Forgiven by Chris Cleave.


Reviews to follow

6 comments:

  1. I hope this month is better for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, I'm not sure if it will be with regards to the quantity, but so far the quality looks promising!

      Delete
  2. It was definitely chilly here today. Perfect reading weather if I didn't have to work. lol Hope October is a great reading month for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kelly, it's still chilly here. My husband was making noises about wanting to turn the furnace on, but I think it's too early! That's what down comforters are for, right? :)

      Delete
  3. Oh no, I see the Ruth Ware didn't wow you! Looking forward to your thoughts on that one. Here's hoping this month is a better reading month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, I've given Ruth Ware two chances and I doubt I'll read any more by her. Her books have promise when I begin them, but they always come up short by the grand finale. October is proving to be another slow month, but I'm not going to worry too much about it. I know it will pick up again later after the holidays. Oh, but that will be a whole new year! :)

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!