October 13, 2016

Looking Back - Neanderthal


Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals.


Neanderthal by John Darnton
Fiction
1996 Random House
Finished on December 5, 1996
Rating: 3/5 (Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

Not since Jurassic Park has a novel so enthralled readers everywhere. Now, enter the world of Neanderthal...

The expedition of the century...uncovers the find of the millennium...Neanderthal.

In the remote mountains of central Asia, an eminent Harvard archeologist discovers something extraordinary. He sends a cryptic message to two colleagues. But then, he disappears.

Matt Mattison and Susan Arnot-- once lovers, now academic rivals-- are going where few humans have ever walked, looking for a relic band of creatures that have existed for over 40,000 years, that possess powers man can only imagine, and that are about to change the face of civilization forever.

My Original Notes (1996):

Should make a great movie! I had a little trouble getting into the book, but stuck with it. The last third was the most interesting and suspenseful. Reminded me a bit of Jurassic Park.

My Current Thoughts:

I only have a very vague recollection of this thriller, and since I no longer own a copy and it's not a title we carry in the store, I won't be able to thumb through it to refresh my memory. 

2 comments:

  1. That is one creepy little cover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iliana, as I recall, it was a creepy book!

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!