January 19, 2017

Looking Back - Absolute Power


Looking Back... In an effort to transfer my book journal entries over to this blog, I'm going to attempt to post (in chronological order) an entry every Friday. I may or may not add extra commentary to what I jotted down in these journals.



Absolute Power by David Baldacci
Fiction
1995 Warner Books
Finished on January 31, 1997
Rating: 4/5 (Very Good)

Publisher's Blurb:

Absolute Corruption. In a heavily guarded mansion in a posh Virginia suburb, a man and a woman start to make love, trapping a burglar behind a secret wall. Then the passion turns deadly, and the witness is running into the night. Because what he has just seen is a brutal slaying involving the President of the United States.

Absolute Danger. Luther Whitney is the career break-in artist who's in the wrong place at the wrong time. Alan Richmond is the charming U.S. president with the power to commit any crime. And Jack Graham is the young attorney, caught in a vortex between the absolute truth--and...

Absolute Power. A tale of greed, sex, ambition, and murder, this is the novel everyone has been talking about...the shattering, relentlessly suspenseful thriller that will change the way you think about Washington--and power--forever.

My Original Notes (1997):

Excellent novel! Right up there with Patricia Cornwell and John Grisham. Very suspenseful. I read it in about a week, whenever I could squeeze it in between school work and housework. Can't wait to see the movie (Clint Eastwood's in it!).

My Current Thoughts:

I have no recollection of this book at all. Glad I was entertained by it, but I don't have any desire to give it a second read. Brain candy.

2 comments:

  1. I have not read many Baldacci books, though he is definitely still around. Several members of my mystery group are big, big fans. Don't think I read this one, but I'm pretty sure I saw the movie. At that time, we usually saw Clint Eastwood movies. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kay, Baldacci certainly has a following! My sister-in-law enjoys his books, but I'm not a big fan. I think I've only read two of his books.

      Delete

I may not answer your comments in a timely fashion, but I always answer. Check back soon!